Support Management OPS (m/f)
While the DO’s have highly strategic roles, with a need for flexibility and reactivity to the events occurring in OCB missions and emergencies, they also have a series of transversal, long term dossier, that require attention and consistency.
The role of the Support Management OPS is to follow up those dossiers as per DO’s request, and to collect, prepare, analyse, and present data and tools for the further use of the DO’s.
While creativity is necessary, this role is strongly inspired by the DO’s vision, and must reflect it.
- Management Tools: develops, maintains, updates and analyses all the Operational management tools used or imagined by the DOs: COSP, Typology, Operational Projections (3-5 years estimates of operations planning per project previsions on financial and HR planning), ARO frames, Monitoring Dashboard…This includes a complete revision of the ARO process for 2017 with links to the Monitoring Meetings, the COPROs and the Quality Monitoring.
- General OPS files:
- Responsible for the general organization Coordination Week with the help of the Ops assistant, including agenda, evaluations, information sharing etc.
- Participate to the overall organisation of the ARO and OPS B&O event, with the OPS assistant.
- Decision making and Roles and Responsibility: Follow up and implementation of COPRO split and Patios, participate to reflexion at broader level.
- Follow up the pilots for the Reporting and Monitoring revisions and the recommendations of the Bureaucracy Evaluation
- Organise and follow up Monitoring meetings
- Organize and follow up the monthly Ops meeting
- Follow up of the OPS Quality Handbook with the possibility of implementing the River Diagram for sharing knowledge
- Revision of the Logframe (different tool, process?)
- Technical files: she/he is the representative for the OPS department in several meetings and platforms. More specifically she/he follows in close collaboration with the OPS middle Managers:
- Supply : End to End project and Stock integration
- Unifield (Supply/Fin software),
- ICT: VSAT project, IAM, O365,…
- Finance : COPRO envelop follow up, OPS envelop follow up
- HR: MIO follow up, supports the revision of OPS JD by the DOs; provides ad hoc support, support to Kitsch implementation, evaluation of the EoM, 3 year planning forecast, on-post recruitment, gap reduction plan,….
- Support for Training (Learning and development) for the OPS department: Content responsible for OPS tools and processes modules, in collaboration with the MedOps learning officer. Is a main stakeholder in the revision of the PCC and CGM.
- Knowledge Management for the OPS:
- Active part of the Knowledge Information Team (KIT)
- Key stake holder in the definition of the requirements for the next OOPS
- Creation of a comms strategy for the OPS department (ie Ops monthly newsletter, lunch and learn,…)
- Support to the documentarist in the definition of the OPS (missions and field) archiving needs and for the management of the MIO Archive
- Project Manager for different OPS initiatives such as miniOOPS (an application with key information on context etc…), revision of the context pages, etc…
- Update OPS information on the OOPS
- Content referent for different Knowledge management initiatives such as Digger (Functional Manager),…
- Coordination of eHealth activities for the OPS:
- Define the main lines of the eHealth strategy (including setup of the team, areas of interest, principles of guidance, etc…)
- Recruit the Team Leader and other members of the team
- Give support and guidance in the definition of a more detailed strategy, ensuring a good collaboration with ICT and the Medical Department
- Be a first arbitration point for decision making
- Ensure coherence between the eHealth unit and the Operation Departments
- Ad hoc files requested by the DOs (example in 2013, conducted an Analysis of the workload of the OPS department with the Middle Managers, and gave support for 2 funding reports).
- Management of the Department assistant: recruitment, coaching, monitoring and evaluation of performances. Defines the objectives and priorities of the Department Assistant. Encourages a productive working environment. Whenever necessary, allocates responsibility and task descriptions.
- Management of the other members of the team: recruitment, coaching, monitoring and evaluation of performance of the Reporting Officer, the eHealth team-leader, Enterprise search PM, and other staff under ad hoc contracts to fulfill the activities mentioned above.
The person in this position must fulfil the following requirements:
- At least 3 years MSF experience in the field
- At least 1 year experience in Coordination position
- Coordinator Profile, logistic background is an asset
- Good skills in Excel, Power Point, and Word
- English and French
- A background in engineering or similar is an asset
- Very strong planning and organising skills
- Management skills
- Communication skills
- Initiative and innovation, capacity to process and present data’s in creative way
- Open-ended contract, full-time, based in Brussels
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – Canteen
- Deadline for applications is 20/08/2017
- Starting date for position is 01/10/2017
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae in pdf by e-mail to Delphine Evrard, Recruit-HQ-Operations@brussels.msf.org, with the following reference: “Support Management OPS” indicating the name of the channel where you found this vacancy.