Market Assessment officer (m/f)
Purchase assignment: conduct a Market Assessment in Asia
The Supply Unit of the OCB (Operational Center Brussels) covers the entire supply chain management at international and local levels of the operations of MSF Belgium.
As part of it the Purchasing Department of the Supply Unit is responsible for the international purchases of its supply center, MSF Supply, based in Brussels, but also for field local purchases and headquarters purchases, looking after a total of around 100 Million EUR of purchase budget. Our aim is to improve the efficiency of OCB purchases with optimization and expertise support, through a comprehensive purchasing approach on all these areas.
We are looking for an experienced Purchaser to conduct a market assessment in Asia aiming at being better prepared to rapidly and efficiently respond to MSF needs for emergencies in this part of the world.
This assignment is conducted in project mode under the supervision of the Purchasing Director with the following main objectives:
- To develop a supplier mapping and assessment for a list of products and services used in emergency contexts
- To implement a system to record, keep updated and make available this information to the Emergency Operations.
This assignment will require extensive travelling to Asia (2/3 of the total assignment duration).
This project has already been initiated (needs assessment, scoping, methodology, macro planning) and the mapping of some countries has already been performed. We are looking for a motivated, active and autonomous supply person to continue the development of this project successfully.
You have already worked in the supply function in the field, and have had some exposure to market assessment and you are willing to gain more experience in this area.
- Masters level or equivalent. Supply Chain or Purchasing specialization would be welcome.
- A minimum of 2 years in purchasing function, including experience conducting market assessment, negotiation, managing suppliers relationship
- Supply or purchasing experience in Asia and/or experience working with an NGO in the field would be a strong added value
- Good command of excel is a must
- Analytical mindset, organizational skills and autonomous is a must
- Experience in project management is an added value
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven diplomatic and listening skills
- Fluency in French and English is required
- 4 months term contract (with possible extension) - full time
- Work place (when not travelling): Brussels - Ready to travel up to 2/3 of the time period
Starting date: As soon as possible
Deadline for applications: 31th of Augustus 2017
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter (in English) to be sent by e-mail to Camille Dumonceau - Recruit-HQ-SC@brussels.msf.org with “asia” in the subject.