HR pyramid manager (MSF Belgium) (m/f)
This is a new function created to ensure the correct construction of and the maintenance of a health HR pyramid composed by the positions in the field. It will also attempt to develop a way to compile a picture of the offer that is under OCB HR (Development advisors) management. It therefore plays a strategic role in the response to the operational needs in the medium and long term, with a rolling perspective of 5 years. Collecting the existing demand across the different field missions, through the info coming from both HRO in the cell and pool managers, s/he compiles the pyramid and ensures the creation of positions to adapt the pyramid for optimal HR growth.
It is in this role crucial to maintain a reflective and creative attitude in order to, with the support of the HRO Coordinator and PM Coordinator, analyses the existing challenges and propose adapted solutions to improve the general functioning and success of this position and its output.
S/he supports both HRO and PM team in the monitoring of the HR pyramid per pool; while s/he is under the management of the HR director, s/he reports functionally to both Ops and PM coordinators.
Building the Pyramid
- Compiles the total positions per profiles (generalist and specialists) and work with each Pool Manager to decide on how to build and maintain a healthy pyramid per pool, taking into consideration the retention data collected on a yearly basis among the OCB Partner Sections HR. This includes, in collaboration with the head of recruitment, the setting up of FM recruitment targets.
Role in key pyramid building moments
- Presence at each Copro and guide the HR set up towards an optimal GLOBAL pyramid
- with regards to ARO exercise:
- Work with the PM to formulate message to missions for the ARO preparation.
- Once pre matrices received, analyses them and produces clear recommendations to adapt the pyramid for the better during the ARO.
- Presence at ARO HR discussion in person or through delegates with clear responsibilities.
- After ARO, compiles pyramid and check if healthy. If need, goes back to the draing board with the Operations to ensure optimal pyramid planning.
Develops a way to compile a picture of the offer that is under OCB HR (DA) management, test a pilot and produce recommendations for further use.
Key actor in the validation of additional positions
- S/he guides the validation of each new position; ask changes in the profile requested.
- Define KPI and produces monthly report.
- With the support of the HRO and PM team, ensure clean data base with regards to positions in the field.
Ensures shared ownership HR/OPS
- Chairs monthly meeting to share main updates with HR ops Coordinator, Coordinator PM and DO to ensure follow up and foster ops ownership.
- Twice a year, is attending operations department meeting to update CO and deputy CO and discuss comments, potential improvements etc.
- Is present at coordo week to present the principles and situation updates.
Internal and external Communication:
- Briefs each HRco and HOM re the pyramid principles, same for new HRO and PM team member.
- Is the focal point for all questions concerning HR pyramid.
- Shares the monthly report with stakeholders.
- Minimum 2 years MSF field experience is a requirement, experience as Coordinator is preferable.
- A clear interest for HR challenges in a large humanitarian NGO but also for numbers.
- Efficiently combines a strong short term focus on concrete results with a creative and proactive strategic approach.
- Demonstrates analytical skills, critical sense and is able to take decisions.
- Strong networking, communication and negotiation skills required.
- Able to withstand considerable stress.
- Fluent in English and French.
- 12 months contract (eventually extended) – Full-time position - Based in Brussels (Ixelles)
- Hospital Insurance (DKV) - Pension plan – Subsidised Canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Starting date : as soon as possible according to availability
CV + cover letter to be sent before 21st August 2017 to Muriel Moussiaux, 46, rue de l’Arbre Bénit 1050 Brussels or to email@example.com stating “pyramid” in the title