International Information Systems Coordinator
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other
offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and
support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives
The International Information Systems Coordinator provides and organises daily support to
MSF’s Information Systems Management executive platform (ISM), for the overall definition,
development and implementation of MSF IT strategy and architecture, in relation with global
projects and services. In the private sector this position would be the equivalent to a
Director position. This position focuses in collaboration in Information and Communication
Technology (ICT) across the MSF movement and develops, together with the ISM,
governance, management and communication resources for the MSF movement.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The International Information Systems Coordinator is part of the IO management team and
supports the ICT function. S/he reports to the Secretary General and works closely with the
ISM members: ICT Directors or equivalent position in the Operational Centres, and the ICT
managers from the two Partner Sections present in the platform.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the position of International ISM Coordinator is to support the development
of MSF’s ICT strategy and facilitate its implementation.
- Coordinating the ISM platform and its related resources;
- Facilitating joint communication and approaches on ICT with impact in the movement, including global projects;
- Updating the MSF IS/IT project portfolio;
- Supporting the implementation of IS Governance practices;
- Being the focal point for the relationship IO – ISM;
- Through the IO management team, contributing to the direction and policies of the International Office.
Support the implementation of IT Governance practices
- On global projects and services, work with the ISM project liaison on IT governance, project management and service management strategies and give guidance on those matters to the project/service managers and teams
- On IT governance and management, together with the ISM, provide support and guidance to IT teams in the MSF sections on IT governance, project management and service management
Stimulate collaboration, knowledge and resource-sharing in IT across the MSF movement
- Work with the Heads of IT of all MSF entities on exchanging best practices, collaboration on projects, exchange of staff, and sharing of tools;
- Stimulate mutual accountability on the deployment and use of IT systems, resources and practices across the movement;
- Source IT staff for leading – or contributing to – projects and dossiers identified by the ISM platform;
- Propose and initiate, when required and validated by the ISM, projects that lead to the development of the MSF global architecture, data and information quality, optimisation of resources and improvement of service levels.
Facilitate joint communication and approaches on ICT with impact across the movement, including global projects
- Support senior IO staff, particularly the Secretary General, in IT management and the coordination between platforms and with the ISM on projects with ICT components;
- Manage the global IT/IS inventory and project portfolio reporting to the ISM;
- Analyse MSF’s overall IT portfolio and report on trends and needs to the ISM platform and the IO management team.
Coordinate the ISM platform and its resources
- Plan and Budget preparation and follow up;
- Ensure appropriation and when required guidance on communication and positioning on major complex crises and global dossiers;
- Strengthen the communication in between the ISM and the other Executive platforms seeking to proactively assess their needs and initiatives;
- Ensure that decisions to be made by executive platforms that require IT support are understood and supported by the ISM;
- Support ISM members in their ISM representative roles in platforms or project boards (or other governance setup). Monitor progress on the ISM Work Plan and dossiers.
Through the management team, contribute to the orientation and the policies of the IO
- Be an active contributor within the IO management team;
- Coordinate integration and alignment of ISM in IO processes and procedures, including planning and budgeting activities;
- Contribute to the on-going development of IO best practice and give active support to the IT/IS policies, priorities and achievements;
- Focal person in the IO to support the Secretary General around reflections on change management and project portfolio management
- Report to the IO management team regularly on the priorities and achievements of the IT teams.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles and challenges of MSF
- Desirable: a minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT management for international organizations, MSF or similar, with a number of years at strategic level:
- IT-enabled transformation processes
- Vendor management
- IT-management and IT strategy
- Significant MSF experience
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills, coupled with a well-developed sense of diplomacy and collaboration
- Ability to understand the needs and constraints of MSF Operations and pro-actively engage in proposing concrete solutions to the ISM platform
- Native or near-native command of English, spoken and writing
- Spoken French and other languages are an asset
- Strong communication skills, oral and writing, and ability to adapt to a wide range of audiences
- Excellence in leading and organising work on various dossiers simultaneously
- Ability to handle large volumes of work under pressure and to deliver quality outputs within short deadlines
- Strong team player with the ability and interpersonal skills to succeed in a geographically dispersed team and interact at all levels within MSF
- Flexible and willing to travel often to MSF offices and the field
- Location: MSF hub location (Amsterdam, Brussels, Barcelona, Geneva, Paris)
- Contract: Permanent contract at 100%
- Starting date: As soon as possible or April 2017
Deadline for applications: 13 March 2017 - Please submit all applications only by email to: IOemail@example.com stating “International Information Systems Coordinator” in the file
Please submit only ONE file containing your CV and cover letter and name the file with your last name only.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.