ICT Applications Support (m/f)
Integrated within the headquarters ICT Systems & Applications team, the ICT Application Support has is main role in helping his colleagues in the development of in-house projects and application technical support. Besides supporting users giving the necessary training and documentation, s/he will work on development and testing of prototypes eventually supporting on other aspect of the projects including business analysis and application architecture design.
- Support the design, development and testing of new services, integrations, and interfaces with applications and systems.
- Support the bug fixing of current system, eventually elaborating a proposal for a replacement or enhancement.
- Participate and support in the modelling of DB structures
- Document, train and support the users
- Maintain and tune the applications database of different projects
- Work on a regular basis to maintain, upgrade and refactor current applications
- Maintain and tune the application servers or the relevant application environments
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related fields.
- Initial experience of at least 1 year in software development / application support.
- Experience with MSF or other NGO’s in similar contexts will be an advantage.
- Languages: good command of English, French is an asset
- Autonomous, passionate by technology, and you are a team player
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- You are an active listener
- You are humble and you want to keep learning. You are open to share your ideas.
- Experience in object oriented programming (PHP, Java, .Net, Python)
- Web Services: REST, SOAP
- Experience in database design, development and analysis of data inquiry needs
- Experience with O365 or other cloud solutions
- Good understanding of Web/Application
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle
- Open ended contract - Full time - based in Brussels Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - Subsidised canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: immediate
Deadline for applications: 28/02/2017
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org with “ICT support” in the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted