ICT Analyst / Developer (m/f)
Integrated within the headquarters ICT Systems & Applications team, the ICT Analyst/Developer will participate in the definition and the development of new applications, as well as in applications technical support. When suitable s/he will be involved in early stages of projects including business analysis and application architecture design. Besides s/he may sometimes participate in users training and support.
Your natural capacity for learning, the contact with MSF users, and the support of the existing team will bring you to a good understanding of the challenges where we expect you to support the ICT Application Manager in the following duties:
- Assist in the definition of the business case for innovative projects and elicit, organize, translate and simplify them into meaningful functional and technical requirements
- Analyse, design and implement new services, integrations, and interfaces with other applications.
- Write pieces of code when necessary, or oversee that our suppliers do a great job when building new applications
- Document, train and support the users
- Establish relations with different operational stakeholders in order to support in the design and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture
- Support in the definition of strategies, policies, and procedures and anticipate requirements.
We are looking for a forward thinking and enthusiastic candidate, inspired by MSF social mission, and eager to leverage digital technologies for enhancing humanitarian action.
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related fields.
- Initial experience of at least 3 years in software development / application support / business analysis.
- Experience with MSF or other NGO’s in similar contexts or abroad will be an advantage.
- Languages: good command of English, French is an asset
- You are autonomous, you are passionate by technology, and you are a team player
- You are able to adapt to changing circumstances, contexts, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- You are an active listener
- You are humble and you want to keep learning. You are open to share your ideas.
- Experience in object oriented programming (PHP, Java, .Net, Python)
- Web Services: REST, SOAP
- Experience in database design, development and analysis of data inquiry needs
- Experience with O365 or other cloud solutions
- Good understanding of Web Application
- A working knowledge of Unix environment
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle
- Open ended contract - Full time - based in Brussels
- Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - Subsidised canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
- Starting date: as soon as possible
Deadline for applications: This posting will remain open until we find the right candidate.
Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to be sent by e-mail to Recruit-HQ-DG@brussels.msf.org with “ICT Analyst” in the subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted